View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #17085
TerraUnFirma
Fair/Not Balanced

Oddometer: 352
Madstad Windscreen...

WOW...what a difference! Maybe the best money, in terms of comfort, spent on the Tiger so far...a toss up between the Madstad and the Rox Risers. Installation was quick and straightforward.

I got the 18" Adventure model and it's just right. I'm 5-10 and like to be able to look over, not through a windshield. With it set way out forward on the Tiger and in a low, but mid-angle position, I get a perfectly smooth airflow that just hits the top of my helmet. Smooth and quiet, no turbulence or buffeting! Really changes the character of the bike for putting down miles.

I was a little concerned about how it would hold up off-road in really bumpy sections, but it seems better than the stock windscreen. Perhaps the side brackets could be a little beefier, but some of the flex might be in the whole front end. The side winglets are a nice touch as well, tho they may come off in the Summer. It may be that they actually help by creating a low-pressure area that disperses some of the radiator airflow out to the side of the bike, we'll see.

Cheers,
'06 Suzuki DRz400s
'08 Yamaha WR250R
TerraUnFirma is offline   Reply With Quote