View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #52
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,427
sorry for the confusion, I do carry a couple backpacking meals in the saddlebag, but I really don't like them, only there as a last alternative, I find them too salty, and I can't carry enough beer to wash them down! my point being, even in remote areas, one can eat well with a little thought, stock up at the last gas stop, like said above, if there's gas, chances are there's gonna be food and beer. Some folks just don't like to cook after riding, that's fine, but I'm gonna try like hell to cook up something tasty and fresh. I do carry a small grill (cookie cooling rack!) when I'm in the boonies, and I always have a campstove, though cooking over a fire is always nicer, slower, and allows plenty of drinking time before dinner.
lots of good backpacking do-it yourself food ideas out there that transfer well to bike use, I'll try to find the websites, been a while since I've looked any up, but a quick google search should turn up some sites.

my reply about not going into remote areas with these folks was supposed to be sarcastic, I'm sure they are all fine people and fun to ride with, I just like to eat good as well!

for what it's worth, I do a bit of backpacking also, so I have an idea what it takes to eat in the wilderness, and how it sucks to carry it all on your back! using a bike is like having a pickup truck!

bikerfish screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 02:10 PM
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote