View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:14 AM   #912
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
That was good, if lengthy. What surprises me is to read that people were confused by the 4 stop strategy and had trouble following the race. I don't understand why they would. It's not as if F1 has never done 4 stoppers before. It didn't strike me as being terribly complicated.
I wonder how many times Red Bull has done a 4 stop & won?
I found it interesting to see that Lotus' strategy was to stop one less than their main rivals, and that Ferrari decided to go flat out and stop as many times as necessary. It seems to me that Red Bull suffered from indecision, and changed plan mid race (speculation on my part). But they seemed confused by Ferrari's tactics. From sailboat racing I learned a long time ago "indecision is the wrong decision", and I think that took down Red Bull.

It sounds now like Pirelli has been RED BULLied into a tire change.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/3213/...onfirm-changes

Its a shame that the teams who are crying loudest about tires (Merc, Mclaren & Williams) are the ones who haven't figured it out.... it seems a shame to change the tires now to suit these teams. The changes won't result in minor changes to the cars. the aero change alone caused by new tires could sound the death knell for Lotus' resurgence and might not do Ferrari any favors either.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote