View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #916
g容g OP
Canadian living in exile

Oddometer: 6,033
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Whatever the technical underpinnings, the perception among those but the technically savvy is that the tires are crap. FIA directive or not, I cannot see how this is a plus situation for Pirelli. I've never been a fan since the early days of dryrotted P600's, but aside from that, unless one cares enough to delve into the particulars, the tires perform like shit, the commentary obsesses on the fact, and Pirelli is left to manage an image of tires that won't last. How does this type of racing on Sunday help them sell tires on Monday?
I think it has a lot to do with the media banging on about tires, and the teams & drivers taking the easy way out.
The tires are all the same for every team. Drive them hard, drive them poorly, and they come apart. it has always been thus. I guess the fact the noise level about tires has gotten so high now, its the only story worth hearing.

F1 has always been kind of a fringe, technical game, and one of the reasons I like it so much. I think they are looking to make it more mainstream though ($$$) and maybe a little less technical.

here's hoping the racing continues similar to the season so far with a good level of unpredictability.

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote