View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 AM   #9
ScotchBonnet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Who is Peter Hardy?

We spent several nights with Peter in Tunisia at the Tuareg shooting the breeze over local beers. It felt like anything he needed that would put anyone to work on his behalf he wouldnt mention. We sat and taped our roadbooks together in the bar and even borrowing tape wasnt something he seemed too keen to ask for. He has twice offered me bikes now for events across the pond from the UK. Seriously, Peter Hardy is one of the nicest, friendliest guys who is always laughing and keeping things light hearted. Totally dedicated to the Rally/Race scene, his light hearted approach made it difficult to know if he was serious about racing and knew what he was getting in to in Tunisia. The more things we discussed, I realised that he was way, way more experienced than me and knew exactly what he was doing. Like others have said, Peter slept out each night on the ground even though we offered tents and just got on with business. I'd do anything to help this guy. Who is Peter Hardy? A living legend who doesnt make it obvious and gives whenever he can.
ScotchBonnet is offline   Reply With Quote