View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #388
Gryphon12
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Your mpg seems totally reasonable to me. Some people just have a knack for getting good mpg. Excluding track days my average mpg on my 07 cbr600rr was at 49.9mpg when I sold it. My avg mpg on my tiger 800 is at >54mpg which is the highest on fuelly. I've been thinking of picking up a used 675 and I would fully expect to get the same sort of numbers you get though a major reason for the purchase would be to get back on the track.
Every bike is unique in its design. I have no trouble seeing 50 mpg on an '07 CBR600RR, or 55 mpg on a Tiger 800. Other people report similar results. But the D675 is a totally different beast for engine, tune and gearing. I'm glad that Existence_Inc is getting his GREAT mpg, but NO ONE ELSE is reporting numbers this high. His bike and riding style are the exception, not the rule, for THIS motorcycle. Even the Street Triple, which is tuned differently, doesn't typically get mpg this high.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Gryphon12 is offline   Reply With Quote