View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #951
pvangel OP
Team AARP

Oddometer: 2,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK View Post
I checked troy city garage's web site and they offer the YZ250F for $4999., if you want to deal with them.
I called the owner of my local Yamaha dealer(Danbury Powersports) today and he said that some dealers have too many of them thus the discounted price. In round numbers(according to him) the bikes are listed at $7400, there is $1000 back from Yamaha, there is about a grand profit in them which is why they normally will knock $500 off but these dealers are knocking off a full grand which gets it down to $5400. There are other dealers on Ebay offering them for about $5000 but have $400 setup fees then doc fees etc. seems that mid 5's is about what they go for? Frank, the owner of Danbury said he would be happy to get me one for the same price if I see one somewhat local. He is still asking full price for the one on his floor which I think is a good business decision by him because he knows he will sell it because of his market.

Incidentally, I was there on Saturday and there were no CRF's,RMZ's on the floor, only 1 YZF 450 and 1 Yzf 250. Not sure what he has in storage but seems ready to accept the 2014's which will start rolling in in June.
pvangel is online now   Reply With Quote