View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #561
drex
So Cal

Oddometer: 115
Question Just Mounted my Squadron/Dimmer Hi/Lo?

I received my squadron from Baja Designs yesterday. I ordered on Tuesday and it arrived on Wednesday. Can't beat their service! Thank you!

The bike is a CRF450X, with a Baja Designs DSK already installed -- the one with the old-style, larger switch. I recently had BD rewind the stator, but had until now stayed with the stock DSK light.

I moved the DSK flasher and horn to the Polisport shell, connected the BD dimmer, mounted it all up (using the Tecate mount kit) and shazam -- once i used the fob to turn on the dimmer. I am able to use the fob to dim/brighten the light as expected.

The next step I want to take is connecting the yellow wire from the dimmer to the switch to simulate the hi/lo beam effect.

How exactly do I do this? My understanding of things electrical is lacking. But i can follow directions. :)

I believe the hi beam wire on my switch is also yellow. Can anyone confirm? Do simply follow it out of the switch, find the end (since it would no longer be in use to connect to a dual filament bulb) and connect that yellow wire to the yellow wire from the dimmer?

That seems too easy.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dan