Thomas

Oddometer: 3,808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Seeker View Post
Fuck Touratech and their fucking stoneage designs #IMO_sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneC1 View Post
I can see you are having a good day there Gravelseeker, care to enlighten us
Glad you asked.....lost power to my IMO... dead, no speedo nor fuel range and trip-, day-, season- and total milage get's more off as it's not logging any info. It's happened intermittently before, but it was full stop this time.

TT has gone for a very odd sollution when it comes to collecting all the info and passing it on to the IMO itself. Instead of "one" solid two-piece regular contact, they have a little collector box with a print card. In addition to being another fairly large piece you have to store behind the headlight (or somewhere else), there are shifty little weak ass quick contacts on the print card and the main 8-lead for the IMO is soldered to the card. The little contacts are not very sturdy and work loose over time (my IMO is 10-11 years old).
Come to think of it I'll try to cut all the wires and bypass the little collector box next time I'm in behind the headlight.

Shifty little weak ass quick contacts:

And the collector box where the shifty little weak ass quick contacts mate with the print card:

Secondly, another annoying fact which is why the next time my battery dies, I'll move to another brand. You can either ship the unit to TT in Germany to have the battery replaced (I did and payed about $135) or you can try to separate the IMO and get in there yourself.

Inside the IMO itself are (form the lid down)
- Screen/ monitor
- Top print card
- Bottom print card with the internal battery

Everything is caked in silicone so I left it to the pro's, but may have given it a try if I had known about about these instructions

It's 2013, time to get our heads out of the '80-90s.

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !

Gravel Seeker screwed with this post 05-18-2013 at 02:46 AM
Gravel Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote