View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 07:42 AM   #60
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,854
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Well, I have my two fancy KTM experience tickets for Hangtown this weekend... and I will be sitting at home.

I broke my leg about a week and a half ago, and after surgery things are going well, but I am non-weight bearing and getting around a hilly MX track on either my scooter or walker for 8 hours is just too much for me. I have this vision of my leg blown up like a balloon...

So, I'll be sitting at home while my wife, who HATES motorcycles, watches all the heroes of my world go in circles. She is going because it is my boys 7th birthday and I bought the KTM fan experience tickets for him. If she leaves before the end of the 2nd motos I am going to kill myself.

Years ago one of my friends broke his leg at Hangtown in a nasty practice crash, he spent the day before the race in the hospital getting surgery and strapped up with braces.
His parents brought him back out to the track and got him propped up in the family motorhome, but he would have none of it.
We got him properly supported in the bed of my truck, and the track crew let us back it up to the fence in the hospitality area so he could watch the races.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote