View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #1000
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
Most LC4 owners will tell you there bikes have been nothing but reliable with routine maintenance.

A vast majority of the threads about LC4 problems have been caused my incompetent people working on them or stupid mistakes by the owners.

My comment was directed at one person who continually sticks his nose into threads about bikes he knows nothing about and spreads crap about them.

Bottom line is that the LC4 is way more reliable than the internet myth that people like ADVtroll are spreading...
I here you,Ive had about 14 KTM's since 1978 and liked em all a lot,from 200's to a 620SC that flat ripped and was plated. Ive got a 2011 530 now and it amazes me every time I ride it.
Pulls 90mph uphill in sand with more in reserve and the suspension is hands down the best stock suspension Ive tried.

My DR is for just going somewhere and not worrying about putting miles on it or riding like my inner hooligan says I should,if it scatters I can find another engine, but it probably wont scatter.

Im hoping this 530 is one of those that runs for 3 or 4 hundred hours with not much issue,its so much fun I'll just fix it if it needs fixing though.
I figure a good handling well suspended bike saves me time spent in hospital,no kidding.

New 690's are nice though.