View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #629
OaklandStrom
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerider View Post
Dealers take a bad rap....
I work in a similar industry. Service costs money. I paid the bill, ride away satisfied. My time is worth money, and so is theirs.
I don't think anybody is expecting better service for less money. It's bad service for more money that most of us are complaining about.

The Dodge dealer wanted over $35 for an oil filter for my Dodge/Cummins truck because it was "special". WTF is special about an oil filter? It's not like there's one standard in the world, and the Cummins uses something else.
Online, a Wix filter was less than $10. At the Napa across the street it was $15, and in stock. The guy at Napa didn't try and convince me it was "special"; it's just another oil filter.

That's the kind of thing dealer get a bad rep for. High prices, mixed with a BS story to justify his price.

I'll pay extra for good service, like at McMaster Carr or the local auto parts place that hires mechanics, rather than teens who don't know the difference between 4WD and ABS.
I'll pay more for convenience.
I'll pay more when I trust that even if things go wrong, they'll be made right.

I won't pay more just because Suzuki has given the local mouth breather a franchise.
OaklandStrom is offline   Reply With Quote