View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #1002
GSF1200S
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
hey man, welcome back! How was your AK/Cross country trip? Did you end up going? Still on the road? And what bike did you end up taking? If you have a ride report/Pics, can you post the link?
I'm posting this from Idaho. I took a Dr650 because its the bike I have. I still worry about the gearbox every day. Hasn't given me a problem yet, and the closer I get to Alaska the better I figure my odds are that I'll make it there and around there. If it blows after that I'll be pissed, but at least i saw alaska. Its been a blast. Before you ask, I've changed the oil myself using full synthetic Suzuki oil under 1000 miles every time. I'm running lower gearing and I'm only carrying 50 pounds of crap. I love the bike... so long as it keeps running. I figure all I've done will help lessen the odds as nearly all the bike planning has been based on being easy to the gearbox. It shouldn't have to be that way- if I had a WR I wouldnt have to worry, but then I couldn't do 70 uphill in a headwind at 4k feet either.

I am struggling with a RR. I've been writing one but not posting. I don't think I have much to offer that others haven't already shared. Snowrider for instance. I'm no great writer or photographer.

Somehow, perhaps being cynical, I feel the only reason you asked was to point out implicitly that I'm going cross country on a DR, or to imply I'm all talk if I wasn't going. Sorry if that's too cynical, but I'm used to being attacked on what I feel is a fanboy excuse thread instead of a "Suzuki fix your shit you cheap bastards" thread.
GSF1200S is offline   Reply With Quote