View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #6669
y0y02369
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by securety10 View Post
Dad has an 08 I have an 04. The 08 is definitely better above 65 mph or so, but a bit of wind and a few semis and it can still get sketchy above 70 or so. The main issue is the height and weight distribution of the bikes more so than the fairings. If you intend to commute and never off road, I'd go for the newer version. Especially if you are in a cool area and can take advantage of the higher output stator (electric gloves/vest). For off-road I prefer the older model, and I much prefer it when it comes to working on the bike. If I never had to take it a part I'd maybe consider upgrading to the newer model (the 2013 blacked out ones are super sexy IMO), but I despise the removal of the 08+ fairings!

The 08+ can still wheel though:

thanks for the reply... it's funny, what you said was EXACTLY what i was thinking just looking at it... so thanks for confirming!

I do plan to ride off road, that's why i am getting ride of my cruiser I honestly prefer the look of the pre-'07 too.
y0y02369 is offline   Reply With Quote