View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #76963
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
It was my wife Colleen who phoned our local friend and fellow DR rider Milano Bambino and he had me pull the fuel screw first, good call.
Does Colleen have a sister?

Quote:
Colleen and James are both experienced BMW R Boxer GS riders with a combined 360,000 miles. We carry a lot of crap and camp.
Too bad they wasted all that time on a BMW.

Quote:
Colleen is NOT a happy off roader. She gave it her best shot with our now sold Yamaha TW200's...and she did quite well...but as she says...."it doesn't make me smile"
It's cool that she said it and you acknowledged it.

Quote:
That's what it's all about for us, miles and smiles. So we will seek out the best surface roads and do what we have to do to keep smiling through it.

Quote:
I love the DR650. I've taken it on our local mountain ride and it is no slower on that run than the BMW R1200GS. The road holding is superb and the power not too shabby. I have a 16T front sprocket so have to keep it on the boil...it sure does like to run.
Running a 16t front (+1) and a 42 rear (stock) is almost too tall for my 6k + foot altitude. Not what I'd consider having to 'keep it on the boil'?

Quote:
What does the collective here say about skid plates? I want good ones.
It's been years since I bought mine, but if I remember correctly, it's a Utah sometin' and I got it from Kientec. I made that choice because it's 3/16", NOT 1/8".

Quote:
I have been riding and loving the 2009 as it has had more of the mods finished, but now the 2007 is up to par.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote