View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 09:37 PM   #70
muddysoles
The cubicle traveler

Oddometer: 141
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixdoglover View Post
Idle time now that the weather is hot. Mid-day I tooled around and took photos of the motorcycle dealers. I also created a Google map that shows the deler locations.

Now for a little diatribe!
It's Saturday. In the new scheme for weekends, this is the day most people have off from work, and it's the natural day for errands and shopping.

Are the motorcycle shops open? No, 4 of the shops are closed. Only Honda is open.

This is not such a big deal. There's always the joy of fighting late afternoon and early evening traffic on a work day.

But it is emblematic of the attitude here. The shops are ambivalent at best about accommodating pesky customers. Staying open on potentially the busiest day of the week? That would be too much to ask.
Thank you for documenting this!

Out of the lot, I have had the best experience with Yamaha (Faizal) and Royal Enfield (Ani), maybe because they are riders themselves. These guys didn't mind opening the shop up just for me so I could come check out the bikes on a weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craneguy View Post
I was looking at an apartment above the Maserati dealer. Ferrari is on its way, and the building manager let slip that they were bringing in more motorcycle dealerships...Including KTM and Ducati!
Been a year since they've been saying it. Ditto for Triumph.
muddysoles is offline   Reply With Quote