View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:06 AM   #24
stan.riner OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
We finished our week long visit to Vietnam. We fly into Hanoi and saw Haiphong, Ha Long, Cam Pha, and Van Don.

Professionally, the biggest challenge will be the language. Personally, the biggest challenge will be the heat! That's a good thing! We were a little cautious with food because we didn't want to risk our trip getting messed up if we got sick. If we're living there, I'll be a little more adventurous. I saw some dual sports that I would be happy to ride and my wife wants a Honda 67 cafe style.

I've read on here and other forums about how crazy the driving is. Words cannot describe it. You can't imagine some of the stuff you see until you visit.
It'll be a while before I'll be comfortable riding a scooter around Hanoi.

We have to report by July 15th and we committed to stay at least 3 years. The company is building a nice compound so we'll stay in a nice hotel until that's done.

We stayed in a nice hotel in Hanoi for $100 and that included breakfast. We found a cheaper place for $70 the night before we left. I'm sure there are even cheaper nice places.

I have to catch a flight home. If anyone has any specific questions, just post them on here or PM me.
stan.riner is offline   Reply With Quote