View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 04:18 AM   #33
travelingaustralian OP
Globe Trotting

Oddometer: 90
My KTM 690R Back home

Only recently I bought a new bike. The funny thing is I have not ridden it yet!!
I bought this 2012 KTM 690R first rego in September while I have been down here and had my parents pick it up for me the other day and will store it till I get home. Im lucky as I have another mechanic in the family to check it out for me.
I always said I would be doing a RTW trip once I returned from down here. I bought this bike because it only had 1000km on it and it had a couple of extras already on it. I have always liked KTM's
The owner bought it brand new and then lost his job so in some way I feel bad for him though his loss is my gain!. I have ordered all the gear I require to turn it into a great adventure bike. I ordered from Rally Raid in the UK front tank,fairing, radiator guard and screen, rear tank, soft laggage racks and a bunch more gear that will be sitting at home waiting for me to fit when I get back. My plan is to fly over to South America and travel right around it then ride north to Alaska.

Also Ill post up some pictures from this weekends little trip we did out to one of the field huts "Watts Hut" once my camera has de frosted!!!! I normally seal up my camera in a bag and let it warm up slowly so it does not get condensation inside it. So maybe tomorrow if im not to busy Ill put the photos. I have some great pictures of the frozen lakes we managed to get to!.

Here is my new toy. Only been at my parents place a week.

"Quad Biking in Antarctica"----->http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...886240&page=10
travelingaustralian is offline   Reply With Quote