Last year bought my '12 F650GS then did some short 1 day trips to figure out what needed to make the bike comfortable for my cross USA trip late last summer. These were modification I did just for the trip:
- BMW Touring windshield which helped blocking the wind
- BWM Hand Guard which help blocking the wind to my hands
- Kaoko throttle lock to help relieve my right hand from gripping the throttle
- BMW Adventure Aluminum luggage panniers
- ALT rear rack
- Rotopax 1 gallon and lock mounted on the ALT rear rack, this is to carry the extra gas crossing the Nevada desert, I almost needed to use the extra gas when I rode 190 miles between gas stations.
- Extra electric output to charge the Iphone and run air compressor
- Tank bag and large map bag
I plan to ride to Alaska, for this I am getting:
- BMW Aluminum engine skid plate
- BMW SW Motech crash bar
- Pelican 1440 case mounting on the rear rack store my back back from element and thief.
- GPS mount and Garmin Montana
- Got the center stand which should help fixing flats if needs to and lubing the chain
Had lots fun crossing the county from San Francisco Bay Area to New York City and rode down Skyline/Blue Ridge Parkway to Atlanta on my motorcyle as it was an experience of a lifetime. Go for it!!!
mustardfj40 screwed with this post 05-19-2013 at 12:43 PM