View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
Burren Rider OP
Aussie Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,820
Bars

The bars' on the 1190 feel a bit narrow for my liking so I picked up a set of Pro Tapers (KX High bend) and bolted them on. These are about 20mm wider and a fair bit higher. For purely off-road use I would be tempted to go higher still but as it is, the riding position feels like a good compromise between sitting and standing. The grip on the clutch side is bonded so if you are going to switch bars a new set of grips will be necessary.

Barkbusters

I had a set of VPS Barkbusters in the shed so they got bolted up using the new BTC-06 clamp system. This is a great setup, fitting a wider range of bars and the offset gives more mounting options and a clearance for cables and brake hoses.

Mirrors

The standard mirrors mount via the brake and clutch perches. That's not unusual but it does make them a little fragile in the case of a decent crash (or even just clipping undergrowth at speed) so I raided my shed supplies again and fitted a set of Ned's Double Take Mirrors. They tuck in nicely and should bend instead of breaking.

Burren Rider screwed with this post 05-19-2013 at 11:26 PM
Burren Rider is offline   Reply With Quote