View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #7856
zippets
WilD&CrAzY

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcc67 View Post
Just jetted yesterday, went with 125 main, 40 pilot, air screw 2.5 turns, drilled slide, installed adjustable needle clip 2 from top(don't have the number with me, but these were all the Kawasaki parts listed on this forum), air box mods, new air filter. Also put a 1/2 hole in the silencer baffle. It runs out a little better, not an impressive difference though. Haven't checked the mileage with mods yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

Funny thing is, I never jetted my first bike. It got 58 when new, and then I modified a KLX300 silencer to work with the stock header, and it still got 58. It was definitely lean, but ran ok.

I'm hoping for a big torque gain with the 351 so it'll pull 6th easier.

FWIW, this one seems to get 50 even when I baby it. I'm not too concerned, but I'm hoping it stays at 50 or even gets better with the 351.
no need to go to the 40 pilot the stock 35 is more then enuff
KLX250s Mods: FmF Q4 Pipe with a Mega bomb Header, FmF power core 4 Queit 1 1/8 Insert, DJ carb kit, DJ needle 3rd slot down, DJ jet #132, 2 turns out, Snorkle Removed, airbox screen removed, twin filter, Enduro Performance, Hand Guards, IMS 3 gallon tank, 13t front 48t rear, Soupy lowering link, seat concepts 1" lower cover, mercelo cam timing mod
zippets is offline   Reply With Quote