View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #3906
Gerst
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1paul View Post
anybody have a FSM for the 640 motor that they would like to share?

i have recently noticed oil leaking from behind the front sprocket.......i have only had the bike for three months and just this week started noticing oil spray on the rear wheel and a few drops of oil on the ground under the engine of the bike after sitting a hour or so.
i took the plastic cover off where the front sprocket is and looks like it is coming from somewhere behind the sprocket.....is there some kind of gasket or something there that would be leaking?
i havent taken the sprocket off yet because i am using the bike for work and it is beatiful weather right now in toronto.
plus i dont want to attempt without an FSM before buying required part and having my bike out of service.

also the owners manual does not say what the sight glass is on the right side of the motor ..... i know the left side with the two hash marks is the oil fill level but can anybody enlighten me what the right side is for...because it is not showing anything inside...i believe it is crankcase oil also but does not show anything until the bike is started.

thank in advance........Paul.

For the leak I'd start here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102920

I believe the sole purpose of the right side glass is to see the timing mark
Gerst is offline   Reply With Quote