View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #964
RexBuck
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 997
Pants

Anthony

A couple of years ago we had a discussion on this thread for new gear. I wound up buying Firstgear TPG jacket and pants. Turned out to be good entry level gear and I have been happy with it. Since then I have completed a couple of large trips (3 mos in Mexico and 6 mos to South America) and the gear seemed to work well. This isnít top quality stuff and I didnít expect it to last forever. The pants are now pretty well done and Iím now looking for better quality replacement pants.

I really liked not having to use rain liners or rain pants but I did sweat a lot in warmer weather. Thinking I should step up to a GoreTex pant.

So, Iíve narrowed it down to the Klim Badlands Pro pants (donít see a lot of difference with the Adventure Rally for $200 more) and the REVíIT GTX pants. The Firstgear TPG jacket is still fine and Iíll look at upgrading that later on.

After studying the info on your website, it really looks like the two pants are very similar. The Klim piece may have a slight advantage in the heat with the front and back vents (even though your website rates the REVíIT piece as having better ventilation) and Iím guessing they would be similar in cold weather, depending on base layers used.

Your recommendation would be appreciated. By the way, I am a 36Ē waist and 32Ē inseam. My TPG is a 36. I would assume the Klim size would be a 36 Reg and REVíIT size would be Large Reg

Thanks
Steve
RexBuck is offline   Reply With Quote