Decided to repaint the already spray bombed plastics. Went with a darker tan instead of the usual green. It just seems to fit the bike IMHO. Just as I was putting it all back together the mail man showed up with my DirtRacks Pannier mounts so I installed them and then got to work putting the mounting bits onto some over sized ammo cans I had left over from my old YJ buggy I had long since parted ways with. I also did the "Wheat-Whacker" mod to the front fairing and will see later on how much of a difference that makes in the wind department. Eventually I want to get a different fairing entirely so this is just a cheap and simple experiment.
All painted up
Side shot showing the new windscreen angle
Pannier mounts installed, I hope I don't ever find out how effective a bumper that rear cross-brace makes.
Another side shot
With ammo can pannier