View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #4
ArmyJoe OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,061
October 23, 2011

I had my first get-off today while exploring a trail along some rail road tracks. As the saying goes, everything was going along just fine until I ran out of talent. I hit a spot along a slope and one of my tires wandered off the trail or the gravel broke loose. The bike toppled downhill and me with on it. Luckily (and I mean that sarcastically), I didn't fall far because my right leg was pinned between the bike and a log.

After extracting myself and taking pictures, I got the bike upright. It was a struggle since I had to start from below horizontal and I'm glad I didn't have a bigger bike. After getting it up, I walked it back up to the trail while feathering the clutch and then rode out.

Nothing is broke, but there's a little swelling on the left side of my shin (still riding in jeans since I can't afford gear). The timing sucks because I have to drive to Quantico, Virginia next Sunday to run a 3K. I'll spend the rest of the day on the couch with a bag of frozen corn, some boo-boo candy (ibuprofen), and some shit my wife uses after Army Combatives, called dit da jow.

Since I was alone, I took my own pics:

Glad that's finally out of the way.

UPDATE: When I originally posted that, I wasn't aware of the damage I had caused to my leg. As it turned out, I had a bit of nerve damage that caused a 2" by 4" numb spot on the inside of my right calf. It's slowly coming back, but even now (May 2013) it's still not 100%.

My latest adventures detailed at ArmyJoe's Perpetual Picture Thread:
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=888783

ArmyJoe screwed with this post 08-07-2013 at 08:54 PM
ArmyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote