View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #23
kingbee OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
I feel like such a liar. I started this thread to show off some of the crummy riding we have here in the U.P. and so far all I've done is ride in Wisconsin. And this installment is no different. In my defense though, I'd like to say that the trails and woods around here are still super wet & muddy, and although the snow is gone we've been getting more than our share of rain. So I've been forced south to drier regions, and that's my story.

We spent the weekend opening the cabin in Presque Isle, and I had ridden the bike down in the rain Saturday planning to take the long way home Sunday if the weather wasn't too crappy. Sunday turned out nice so at about 2 I headed south.

Crab Lake Road is a fun twisty bit of blacktop:

Things are starting to green up- you can just about watch the popple buds opening.

Stopped in at a state forest campground:

Nice place but I was in for a shock when I saw what I'd have to pay if I ever decided to stay there. Holy wah!

Bit too rich for this yooper. Guess I'll be camping dispersed. Or not at all.

Took in a portion of a track Cannonshot published that goes through the state forest. (Thanks Bryan!) The roads and tracks down here are nice and dry, in spite of the heavy rain we'd gotten the day before.

Chimney's still there:

Found 1 rogue patch of snow . Wanted to urinate on it but didn't have it in me if ya know what I mean.

Overall about 130 miles to get home. I had wanted to swing up into the Ottawa and take some of the forest roads home for the last leg, but due to a late start from P.I. I ran out of time. Still a great ride. I think the Queen would have liked it.

I'll try to get some more actual U.P. pictures into this thread next time I go out. Till then, thanks for lookin'

Cheers
kingbee is offline   Reply With Quote