View Single Post
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #31
8gv OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,245
When we returned to Clay's house he fired up his Polaris Ranger for us to use to commute from the camp to the shower in his office. Garth was happy to be the driver. We said goodnight and thanks again to Clay and headed back to the tents to grab our stuff. Garth carefully drove the Ranger through the tall grass by following the truck tracks Clay had made earlier.

We crossed the stream and the tents came into view. Going back up to Clay's office was easy as we could see the lights up on the hill. It was great to have a hot shower and we looked forward to a nice cool night sleeping to the sound of the stream.

But then it got interesting...

Piloting the Ranger back to the tents...

GARTH GOT LOST

There we were, the guests of a most gracious host, driving his utility vehicle round and round his fields at ten o'clock at night. It was a great moment in history. Finally, after what could be hundreds of times I've gotten lost with Garth following me, I have something to throw back at him:

You got lost in a guy's friggin' back yard!

Of course I had to rub salt in the wound..."You better not get this thing stuck! If you go off a cliff, Clay is going to be pissed! I wonder what state we're in now?"

8gv screwed with this post 05-20-2013 at 09:24 PM
8gv is offline   Reply With Quote