View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #51
Mullet5 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rango View Post
And so did I!
Especially the part at the Dog Café. One 's gotta love the picture of the two ladies in fine dresses.
So whenever you feel like taletelling again: continue your story, you have an audience, sir.

By the way. At the start of the thread many pics of scooters, and then you buy... Minsks. Was this planned before? If not, how did you come about to make this purchase?
Nothing was planned, as this seems to be the best way to ensure total catastrophe/awesomeness.

We actually rented scooters for an afternoon to fart around Hanoi. It was fun, but we went with the Minsks for three reasons: They were faster (unbelievably), had much more suspension travel, and, most importantly, they were the only thing we could afford to buy. The scooters were rental only, and that would have caused problems at the border crossings.

I remember at some point during the trip thinking "wow I am so glad we are not on scooters" because the Minsks handled big bumps and dirt and hills way better than the scooters ever could.

I also remember thinking "wow what a dumb-ass idea it was to take Minsks out into the wilderness, what the hell is wrong with me? Why are we not on scooters ohhhhhh jesus we are going to die out here"
'75 XS650, '77 KE100, 19xx Minsk, '01 F650GS Dakar, '77 Scirocco, '84 Jetta GLI 16v, '88 GLI 16v, '08 Sloan Kwik Load, 85 245Ti, '69 Westfalia, '04 VW Phaeton, '94 Suburban, '74 Alfa Romeo Spider, '95 Range Rover Classic, and probably some others that I can't remember right now.
I probably hate you.
Mullet5 is offline   Reply With Quote