Thread: DIY Garage...
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
Turtlebone OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
DIY Garage...

I've been living in apartments for the last three years in San Diego with all of my tools in storage about an hour and a half away with nowhere to work on my car, truck, or bike. I served five years in the U.S. Army as an Airborne Military Policeman. During that time I was single, living on post, and able to use the on-post Auto Hobby Shop to work on my stuff. It was awesome. Now that I'm back in the real world, there just isn't a place like this available to me within a reasonable distance. I'm sure I'm not the only one in my area that wants to do my own work on my vehicles to save a buck, but lives in a place that won't allow it or simply doesn't have the space for it plus tools.

I want to open up a full-service shop that sells parts, and rents out tools and work bays. Please have a look... CLICK HERE!!

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what type of products, specialty tools, or services should be offered at a DIY Garage like this? Obviously I want it to be attractive to bike, car, and truck enthusiasts alike. I would employ a full-time master mechanic who could offer classes on basics of welding, metal fab, service and maintenance stuff, etc. What kinds of things would you like to see at a DIY Garage like this?

Any and all input/discussion would be appreciated!