View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #40
ibafran
villagidiot

Oddometer: 1,287
Best stock sound came out of those 'baloney' mufflers on mid-to-late 60's triumphs. Had a girlfriend back then who once said that the loneliest sound she ever heard was my triumph (after date nite) leaving without her.

That is not to say that other bikes did not have their charms. I really do like the quiet of stock Wings and Beemers. Being able to sneak up on pedestrians and bicyclists can be a lot of fun. Getting into and out of my neighborhood without waking anyone up in the quiet of a summers nite when everyone has there screens open has a lot of charm too.

BITD, I had a triumph with TT pipes on it. After 3 days of that, they came off. My cross-corner neighbor currently has straight pipes on his sportster. I can hear that thing fire up while watching TV in my basement with the house shut up and the AC running. I am amazed that the guy right next door to him and the guy right across the street from his garage haven't got together and burned his garage down.