View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
mefadv OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by long distance rider View Post
I would sure appreciate an overview map showing the routes you ride. I'm also an Arizona rider but I hesitate setting out across the desert without being absolutely sure of the way in and the way out of an area.....do you have a recommended map?

I like to explore, but i normally explore alone so minimizing the risk is fairly high on my list.

thanks, Mike

I have used a GPS for years... mostly just to tell me where I am. Hopefully I will become proficient with my new GPS and can share some route's.

A good number of my routes are not mapped but any good recreation map should help you out. However you know that tail conditions change with every rain here in AZ, so you really never know what is around the next bend. Locked gates are becoming more of a problem. Gold Rush Miners seem to think that a mining claim allows them to close off total access to the land.

I personally believe a SPOT is a very good insurance policy (my wife agrees) when venturing more than (hot weather) walking distance from civilization. Inexpensive & easy to use, no reason not to have it, period.

A number or ADV riders have passed within a few yards of several of these sights but don't take the time or are reluctant to explore the unknown.
mefadv is offline   Reply With Quote