View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #11
Mr Head OP
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,380
Now that the weather has finally turned warm, it is time to head back home. One more morning commute here and then an evening ride into the sunset and home.

The Rally 3 jacket works fine in this heat for me. I get to work after my short commute usually with my shirt a bit damp from the morning heat, (about 6:00 AM here it is already warm).
By noon temperatures hit about 100 out this side of town with pockets that feel almost too hot to have the visor open.
The bonus is riding to lunch and as I move an arm or turn the bike I feel that little crease of fabric that stayed chilled from the office A/C.
A nice little surprise.

I'll miss the per diem, and hotel cleaning. I won't miss being away from my family, and friends and my normal routine.
I get a weeks vacation between work storms. I'm jumping from one near finished storm into the jaws of an unknown other. The usual work routine for me.
I won't get my epic five week ride, but I've not ridden enough to be in shape for that to be fun anyway. And all the housework that has piled up over the course of the last year and a half is mostly waiting on me picking up where I left off on all those projects.

So tomorrow about this time I hope to be about at the border and some short bit later stop for some arty shots of the old battle-bike in it's natural element. Here's to hoping I'm not too tired to pick the bike up when I tip it over for a rest.

More tomorrow and on,