View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
spins, trips, rants, raves, fotos, messin around and all that kinda stuff....

this thread is just to satisfy my brain.....so if you dont like it *****

im getting the apologies for the crapness of how this thread will turn out out of the way at the start and will fill in more as and when needed......

apologies apologies apologies

if i can get it (my confusions) out onto paper/screen then it frees my head up for other nonsense........so it has to be done

i will put in stuff about some of my trips or outings or tours and other opinionated stuff that floats across my vision every so often

please feel free to comment good or bad or both

it could be just a stream of consciousness and at least it is held in one thread which can be easily ignored

in the future time i would like to thank ADV for allowing me this form of therapy as most others havent worked for me and i am sure this one will..

and so to begin...

once upon a time / in the long long ago / fado fado

- sidebar

i am planning a trip to bonnie scotland beginning of this june - west of ireland north over glenshane pass, round north coast...dunluce etc...and down to larne....then over
the sea to skye (troon actually) and off up to the hi'lands like a choo choo train....!!! only a couple of days but the people i work with are driving me into the bloody
river (this trip is also a part of the ADV therapy)

i will get photos and all that jazz and post them here later........

- end of sidebar

BUT............

for now.....i have some pics of this trip done last may

all the way to Italy from Ireland, and it went something like this...

I wanted away and have a good friend living over in Northern Italy/Swiss border area. He has a small garage where I could park up a bike for a while..ok..mighty.

planning was done and I thought the perfect bike for a distance like this was my vstrom 1000....not fast not furious but easy to ride all day...

broke the good news to the family.........it didnt go as well as i thought but no bother as ferry ticket was in hand and bags were already packed !

away away ...

first stop on the road for Sligo, dull grey day but it was dry between the showers

this one shows a castle somewhere near Limerick or thereabouts...got a cup of good strong tea and away again

another stop, another cup of good tea....see porcelain cup and saucer sitting on pannier somewhere in the republic of Cork

eventually i got to ferry terminal late as usual as you can see from the photo

I arsed about here for what felt like a week until it began to fill up with people dying to get off this rocky spit of wetness

I spotted a big range rover with swiss plates.......this country is so small this could only be one person/family.

I had the flick down sunglass things built into helmet/lid that i never get to use other than to act as a second layer of protection from the driving rain..

jesus sorry getting sidetracked

with me sunglasses flicked down

up goes i to the swiss man in the big jeep (suv to you cousins over dere) and did my best 'are you lookin at me....monsieur *****!!' -

im sorry to say i scared the crap out of him and his wife.....!! eventually i got the lid off and calmed them down. the poor man was hyperventilating !

they are a gentle french/swiss retired couple and come to ireland 3 or 4 times a year, but funny enough, I haven't seen them in a long while...

this is the luvly luvly luvly port of Cobh (used to be called queenstown when the brits thought they ruled the world)

- if you would like to learn how to use the cork accent please check out 'sminky shorts' on utube and enjoy cartoons at the same time....brilliant..!

this picture shows the last place the titanic docked before heading off to the land of nod, being late for the ferry i didnt see the museum which is supposed to be
really good.

it comes back to me now.....i watched the champions league final on the boat while chugging on its was to france !
there was rubgy on also.....got wrecked in the bar..oh and other stuff is coming back to me now.........

more of Cobh !

better shag off now and do some work, get someting to eat, take a leak, strain the spuds.........

that was day one done after a great day, off to a bed fit for a small mouse of not very big proportions.....

slept deeply and dreamt of fishes and loaves and holey things

to be continued...
mka is offline   Reply With Quote