View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #224
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
Rumour in the Bivouac thread is Speedbrain may be partnering with Honda. So, CRF450 engined bmwhusquvarnaktmberg? LOL!
Yes, I'd seen that... however, similarly I can't imagine the CRF engine in it's current guise is going to be around all that much longer - it is essentially the oldest of all the 450cc enduro/mx engines - not that there is anything wrong with it at all, it's just potentially lacking in any further development compared to the YZF and current generation KTM XCF engines?

And what happens with the current Factory Honda effort? - I can't see them letting a 'rival' manufacturer use the same engines as the factory team? - particularly as the Speedbrain chassis/rallye kit is very dialed in now and fast (faster than the 2012/13 Honda factory bikes were anyway).

Perhaps they are selling a batch of the older CRF engines to pave the way [and help pay] for a new generation CRF engine/bike in the near future? - I heard a rumour it would be in showrooms by 2015 (model year) at the latest.

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote