View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #31
Steve G.
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,729
[QUOTE=jackd;21481630]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve G. View Post
I can see it being ok, on the basis that the S fairing was available for optional purchase when the bike was new. Covering one's ass by documenting and sending in pics to their office is a good thing to do though.
QUOTE]

How do you ascertain what were factory optional items twenty years after the manufacture date of a motorcycle? Any online sources? Or do you go to BMW Canada and ask for info? Thanks for your imputs.

On the matter of insurance costs of Vancouver Island versus Vancouver itself, I can testify that the insurance costs are much lower over here. Having moved here from Burnaby last summer, I had a $500 reduction in my insurance costs due to the area of operation alone - that was a very pleasant surprise. The driving 'atmosphere' in the Lower Mainland is degrading steadily as the population increases. I can see why the costs are so high.

Well, the S fairing could be purchased from BMW as a replacement part for an S model, or as an addition to an non S model. Pretty solid evidence that it was available.
Steve G. is offline   Reply With Quote