View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #562
justlookin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Aim issue

I sent a email Monday asking about a small issue I am having with my Squadron in the stock KTM mask. Havn't heard anything so I will repeat question here - hate to do this because every time I do something like this it seems I get my response.
Anyway I bought a squadron in it's own mask for my XR650R ,when BD first released them for sale, and never used it. I have since purchased a XC-W 2013 KTM and decided I wanted to install squadron on it. I contacted BD and ordered a adapter kit to install squadron light in stock KTM mask. The kit had a couple plastic spacers approx .75in long and I installed them on the top mount posts and angled the light down and installed on the forks. It was a cloudy day and I had the bike facing out of the garage when I first fired it up - it lit up the tree tops on the other side of the driveway! The only way I can get the light low enough to be useful is to put the mask on the lower mounting pins and space the top of the mask 2+ inches away from the fork. I am assuming that I can not invert the light because I need the relief cut in the heat sink to clear the voltage regulator - any ideas?
justlookin is offline   Reply With Quote