View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #67
Ozi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Will you say it's better road bike then the triumph ? Although it is and r version :) that's great.
@tancakar - I would say in a comparison test "for me" I did not compare them. reason... The Triumph is such a smooth sophisticated bike two-up on short 100km café runs with my wife and the Gel seats and cruise control that it's kind of locked in as part of our marriage now and we zip along chatting on the bluetooth and arrive somewhere wide-eyed like were out dating again - Triumph were clever to spend so much time developing the wider pillion seat from gel as they knew some couples, the women has a big say about the bike for 2 up rides. The KTM 1190R is just for me solo enduro - Its an old motocross/enduro racers dream bike beyond any dream i had of what could be made - the lower weight, frame and long travel suspension is in a different category to the big tiger offroad & will be fitted out with knobbies for Aussie dirt roads, and drifting and exploring with nights spent out in the bush away from the madding crowds, it will get dirty. I have now broken away from the 1-bike-does-both-things-well to have 2 bikes that i like a lot which will be used for specific roles.

None of the adventure accessories I ordered were available in AU yet, and they are saying 4 weeks for the boat? Time to to get used to it naked in the gravel.