Thread: AR SLAP Trax
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #173
OLEARY
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
well that reminds me....so we were following the Day 2 AR 500 route which starts off at Fly Gap road going up the hill, and we came to a fence and had to turn around. I know we came down that road during the AR 500 but was wondering if that actually is a private road and someone opened it up for Scotty's rally.
No, that road was gated during the AR500 as well. That was the one road I didn't preride and I think the only group that went down, or should I say up, was the group I was leading on Saturday. It was fenced and we had to turn around and go back. I called Scotty that morning when I got back up to Flygap and told him not to come that way. He was headed to St. Paul for fuel up Hwy 23 to Hwy 16. Then they dropped down Frst112 off of Hwy 16 east of St. Paul and hooked back up with the original route.

I ran into the Texas group after turning around on Fleming Road (great little trail too, I was dissappointed that it did not go thru) on Fly Gap Rd to warn them that the Fleming Road was gated.

Sorry I wasn't able to make SLAP this year. I would have clued you in to that fact. See you next time around.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote