View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 03:32 AM   #230
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007 View Post
So Jen is the only reason you are going this route is because that is the bike you have? I hope your French is good!

I must confess that to me it seems like a long shot trying to convince the frenchies who are known for being obstropolus at the best of times to bend the rules bit?

All the best with your efforts!
Hi Neil - I still have my WR450, and it is all refurbished and ready to go - however, the main problem is money (which is why I didn't enter 2013), and I really need to sell my WR to bankroll my entry for 2014...

The the offer of a bike from Rally Raid was the opportunity to do this, and together with fielding a two-bike team in 2014 (which was/is the plan still), the assistance costs would be shared and indeed minimised because a lot of the support would come from Rally Raid and Torque Racing who are developing the bike.

Without a bike, or a second seat rider - there is no way I can get back to the Dakar this coming year, and realistically, ever... I spent a lot of my own personal money on my 2011 campaign, and as you may recall always said it was a one-shot deal for me.

The Rally Raid project was a [the only?] realistic way for me to get another chance - I simply cannot afford to spend another 30K+ on a second personal/private Dakar attempt, no matter how much I want to!

Of course I still have my old XR400 - which, the maverick in me still quite fancies having a pop at Malle Moto on - but realistically the odds would be very much against me - I always quote Si Pavey "Malle Moto is what you do for a new challenge - once you've got at least one finish under your belt..."

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote