View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #3616
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by opmike View Post
Owing an SV is a major pain in the ass if you have a wandering eye. Of all the bikes I've owned, it's the one I'm having the hardest time justifying trying to sell off. I have the suspension fully sorted front and rear, upgraded calipers (off a RC51), and a master cylinder (off an '09 R1) so now it stops and handles as well as anything I've ridden. All for a total investment of around 4 grand at this point not including consumables and basic maintenance. And if I sell it, I'll get what, 3K on a good day?

I've been looking long and hard at Striple R's these past few weeks but can't really convince myself of why the hell I should be jumping ship.
Ummm.... If your talk yourself into the Striple, gimme a shout about the SV.
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote