View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #54
kindofblue OP
Ride it like you stole it

Oddometer: 822
Yeah, I've tried bike riding shorts and those akin to them. Pretty worthless IMHO for long, multi-day m/c rides. And I ride a road bicycle.

I've yet to encounter an oem seat that works for me and have always resorted to Russell saddles. I still use these shorts though on multi-day long trips. The only time I haven't liked them is when temps are above 90F. Then they're a bit too warm.

Long retirement ride, eh? Cool. Are you also going to the MOA National rally in Salem OR? I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimrMoon View Post
I have some aerostich riding shorts, which are expanded bicycle (padded seat) shorts but I wanted to try something else. I'm leaving on a month long retirement ride to Colorado and beyond. Don't have time for a custom seat so... padded shorts is about all I can do. I figure with these shorts and my freedom air seat cushion, I'll make it.

BTW, if I ever get the opportunity to meet the design crew at BMW in Germany, I'm gonna throw them a beat down with a ball pein hammer, especially the seat makers...

I'm gonna order a pair from aerostich since I get 10% off for being an MSF instructor. Thanks for the swift reply!

I'll post my opinions about these shorts from the road.
Get saddlesore when riding? Check these shorts out

kindofblue is offline   Reply With Quote