View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #591
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Lights mounted to my 990

Got my lights a couple weeks ago. Very impressed with the quick shipping, something like two days after ordering.

Packaging was fantastic, instructions on website clear.

Ran into one snag with what appears to be a malfunctioning switch. Brian had a new one out to me in no time flat.

Haven't had a chance to use them in the dark or get them aligned but just wanted to say Kudo's to MondoMotos for a great looking affordable kit and fantastic customer service.

Here's some pics.

Can see them mounted up under the stem just barely here. Pic from yesterday's ride.

and another closer up. Strange color on lights is from the flash on my iphone due to backlighting.

Wired main harness straight to battery as suggested. Relay and fuse tucked in skid plate.

From there wiring ran up the inside of the tank. I used the little cable clips you get at the hardware store to secure to the inside of the tank. Simply unclip if needing to take the tank off. I've used these clips before and they tend to hold great after cleaning the plastic with rubbing alcohol.

Switched mounted pretty well to the front of the brake lever / mirror mount and although I don't have a picture of it, the rest of the harness tucked nicely up under the speedo area of the dash after being zipped tied.

John_L is offline   Reply With Quote