View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 02:13 AM   #10721
Gravel Seeker
Thomas

Oddometer: 3,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Dabalina View Post
@Gravelseeker- you ever think of painting your other plastics white?
Both yes and no...why, do you think it's ugly ?
I just painted those red last fall

My right rear panel was cut down when I was in Australia to make room for a 5L jerry can, so after I got home I cut the left one to match. They were very stubby and were bothering me, so I aquired two sets of rear panels last fall. One was painted white and in good condition (in the picture above) and one set cptn america which were pretty scratched up and worn.

Since I put the white rear panels on I decided to go for white X2 headlight and SM front fender. All the white parts are different shades of white
I have another set of the original black/ white checkered front panels though which I'm going to cut down. Haven't decided whether to keep the checker stickers or not.

There's been a few variations over the years...it's a 2001 (built in late 2000), but I bought it new from BMW Norway in august 2002 for NOK 116.000 (USD 14.500 with 2002 exch. rate, USD 20.000 using 2013 exch rate)

Touratech rally cockpit, with first generation IMO computer and the TT manual roadbook holder/ roller. TT rally footpeg relocation kit. Check out the worlds best sticker on the lower fork support. Been on there since the bike was 1 week old in august 2002 and still looks almost new.

Original rear "rack". The bike actually looks very nice the way BMW designed it. Too bad they never thought about the people who were going to use them.

First real crash in the fall same year attending a roadbook rally....

New rear rack, dash and Acerbis Cyclopse headlight

2006-2009
New paint and smaller things here and there

Back to checkered and dakar tall screen, re-worked tail end

New paint and dash

Cyclopse headlight, 2012 dash

X2 headlight, 2012 dash

X2 headlight, 2013 "dash"/ headlight mount. Still have some work before I'm happy with it, just had to get it back on the road

2005: Australia - 8 months/ 26.000 km (anti clockwise circle)
2009: Norway - 2 weeks/ 6000 km (Lindesnes to North cape)

Gravel Seekers.com

Hey !
It's the African ant eater ritual !
Gravel Seeker is online now   Reply With Quote