View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 04:40 AM   #231
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,090
So, while we wait... I thought you might like to see a few photos of 'Old Faithful' - my WR450F from 2011, refurbished and ready to go again...

How many times can you wire and rewire a bike? The answer is A LOT!

Still, now the Nav gear has been fitted, I took the opportunity to reroute all the loom/s so that nothing chafes or tugs, and everything is easy to access should the need arise (I'm confident it won't of course!)

I also managed to contain everything inside the tower side plates (my 2011 prep had the fusebox on the outside of the right hand plate) so it is well protected... note. the fusebox features a split live feed, with half the terminals permanently connected (for the ERTF GPS and Iritrack units, as stipulated in the regulations) and the other half switched for all the navigation gear and any auxiliary equipment.

Cable routing and wiring protected with spiral-binding - the OEM switchgear is retained for the horn and hi/low beam switch - note. I have wired the X-Vision Solstice lamps so that the low beam (flood) stays on all the time, and the high beam (spot) comes on with the switch - I have also utilised the indicator toggle to activate the rear hi-intensity auxiliary light, through the original flasher relay so it flashes...

The panel below the switchgear holds the master toggle switch for the navigation equipment and also the fan - the fan wired so it only comes on if the nav gear is also activated, to help avoid leaving the fan on and draining the battery... at the bottom is the OEM WR ignition on/off switch.
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote