View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 04:57 AM   #232
JMo (& piglet) OP
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,268
Down below, I took the opportunity to re-route all the fuel hoses (and replace with new, obviously) - on the right side to keep them away from the exhaust as much as possible, and here on the left so that you can reach the oil filler more easily - although it is far easier with the tank removed of course!

Note. the water tank/s that GMX made for me are not currently fitted - they bolt to the bashplate and help protect the fuel pump, which in turn is already well protected by the lower tank mounting bracket.

Martin at Torque Racing serviced and refurbished my forks after the 2011 event... I prefer the low fender, but it is easy enough to change to a high fender and lower leg guards if required...

At the rear, the OEM WR rear brake/tail light is supplemented with a DRC LED lamp, wired so the brake circuit is used as a hi-intensity warning lamp.

Of course the rear end wouldn't be complete without the little pink fella now would it?!

So, with the sun shining, it was time to take it outside!

New number plate:

A few stickers from those 2011 sponsors who have continued to pledge support:

It is a huge shame to have to sell it, but realistically it is the only way I'm going to be able to fund a return to Dakar in 2014 - and this is IF the FIM approve the LC4-50 project bike of course...

If anyone is serious about buying this bike, please do get in touch - I'm looking for 8000 GBP which will include two sets of wheels and a box of spares (but not the navigation gear fitted) - which I trust you'll agree is an utter bargain for a genuine ex-Dakar bike that has been refurbished and is ready to race again...

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote