View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #63
travelingaustralian OP
Globe Trotting

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnno950 View Post
Great photos,my workmate did 18mths at davis station,you may see his photo on the fitters board,1996 R Shanks,going to show him your photos and story...should bring back some great memories.
Thats cool!! Ill have to have a look on the board for his picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawgr6 View Post
This is very interesting! I came across a few of the websites to apply to work at some of the station's a while back. Is it hard to get accepted? is this something a lot of people are lined up for? Do you sign a contract? What if you get fired,it's not like you can just drive out of there? I was amazed at at how many different jobs are available. I imagine knowing multiple trades would be an advantage.

Sorry about all the questions but this is very intriguing! More pics!
Its not that easy to get a job down here. There are a lot of hoops you have to jump through to get the job. Its not all about the job either. There is a major medical you need to pass, plus you need to pass a psychological test. They need to know before they send you that your able to do the job at hand. From applying to getting the job it was almost 9 months then 4 more months of training. Yes you sign a contract as well.

"Quad Biking in Antarctica"----->http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...886240&page=10
travelingaustralian is online now   Reply With Quote