View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #1013
JBSmith
Ink-stained wretch

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
I've generally liked Leigh Diffey's work so far this season. But he had a bad qualifying today. He talked over the team radios and his partners repeatedly.

In Q2 he dramatically stated that Alonso was out of Q3. In fact Alonso was still on a flying lap, having crossed the start/finish line with 13 seconds to go on his previous lap.

C'mon Leigh, pull your garters up.
Since you brought it up...

Diffey: "The penalty was given to he and his teammate..." "Him"! Not "he". Or is that an Aussie thing?

Also, if you had a drinking game based on anyone on the NBC team saying

"absolutely"

"no doubt about it"

or

"massive"

you'd be falling-down drunk by lap 2.

+1 on the radios. They need an audio cut-out when the transmissions come on. To see how it shouldn't be done watch any Indycar race where the radio transmissions come on under the announcers, who don't pause for them, but instead talk over them. Why even have them?

Also less Matchett. He's taking over. Dial him back. I know a lot of people dislike Hobbs, but he's my favorite of the bunch. Doesn't shout to generate excitement where there isn't any, not afraid to needle the drivers, teams, and sport.

Cycle Guide Magazine The digital update of the print-era classic
JBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote