View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #2322
tHEtREV
tEAM iDIOT

Oddometer: 6,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
I'm sure he is, but equally he is no fool - it took the full strategic might of factory KTM with no Coma this year, what with the shenanigans of the marathon day and Faria lying down for him on several occasions - was he really up to it and is he for 2 more future wins against a growing wolf pack - only he knows for now and maybe we will in what, 4 days?
I think he is, and he knows he is...

Faria may have done his job and waited for him, but I do recall a few interviews where Faria said he was helped by Despres.

One that sticks in my memory is where he was saying Cyril had to pull him up and ask him what the hell he was doing, because he was going the wrong way.

Every year there seems to be someone who does well in the first half of the rallye, and then fall behind as the two KTMs start handing everyone's arses to them.

And until others learn to navigate as good as Coma and Despres, it will still be a two horse race.

And lets not forget that Cyril knows a butt load more about winning the Dakar than most of us, and I have every confidence that he will be putting himself in the best position to do so.

Or I'm wrong as usual and he retires to play professional quoits...

KDX Super Fan!

My Spot HERE (active and on a trip).
tHEtREV is offline   Reply With Quote