View Single Post
Old 05-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #2
pne OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Next up is the bike. The problem with me is I don't have so much as a taste in bikes, rather when something new catches my eye, I spend hours pouring over every spec and review to convince myself I HAVE to buy it and my current ride is a busted old piece of junk.

This one I learned to ride on:

This one scared the bejesus out of me:

This one frustrated the crap out of me:

SV650 -> R1 -> wr250x -> ktm superduke

Figure that one out. All I know is last year as I tried to squeeze a little more than 70mph out of the lil 250 on a mountain pass, and she refused, I yelled out loud in my helmet, "THAT'S IT! The honeymoon is over! You are getting listed the second we get home." I really thought this bike would be a do-all for me, track days, commuting, I even had a set of dirt wheels and knobbies for trail riding. Well don't stone me wr250r/x fans but it did all of those horribly besides lane splitting and hopping the occasional sidewalk/stairs.

2 days after it sold, I came across the superduke ad, did the homer simpson Ooooo!! And it was in my garage. Of course then I realized what a huge mistake trying to tour on this thing was. Since it's an obscure bike, nobody carries luggage racks for it. The exhaust just wants to melt any kind of bag you put on it. Doing something simple like an oil change is like pulling teeth, why this thing needs a dry sump and several oil screens I do not understand. I really hope this thing doesn't break down on the road, because I've never seen a naked bike that needed so many panels to come off for any work to be done. Feck it, whatever. At least it looks cool.

pne screwed with this post 05-26-2013 at 11:56 PM
pne is offline   Reply With Quote