View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #2334
homerj
742 Evergreen Terrace

Oddometer: 5,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie66 View Post
Full factory sherco effort, but that or Yamaha, Yamaha Motor France used to be the driving force behind the top yamaha's , could they be again?

Yamaha getting thier butt handed to them in MotoGP by Honda
Yamaha getting thier butt handed to them in Supercross by Kwaka
Yamaha getting thier butt handed to them in Enduro by Ktm
Yamaha getting thier butt handed to them in Motorcross by everyone

Enough reason to put some decent money together for media exposure, a hell of a lot cheaper than trying for any World Championship which will not give exposure to such a broad public.

My bet is a French Yamaha.
They've been knocking at the door of the top tier for quite a while. The team is experienced, and knows the logistical drill. They've had time to come to grips with the bike gremlins that hide out in the weeds. I could see how this makes sense to both parties. Yamaha gets a rider they know can fight at the pointy end of the field. CdP gets a ride that has the potential to fight for the lead.

With no Coma, I'd be surprised if a Yam/CdP combo couldn't win. With Coma...I'd give the edge to KTM in the 2014 Dakar. 2015 would probably be a dogfight.